Mario Balotelli`s ban reduced to two games
Rome: AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli has had his three-match ban reduced to two on appeal, but he will still miss the crucial tie against Juventus on Sunday.
The Italian international was suspended for insulting a match official during the 2-2 draw at Fiorentina two weeks ago.
The January signing was automatically banned for one game for the accumulation of yellow cards, plus two for his verbal outburst.
Milan appealed against the ban Friday and were able to reduce his initial punishment.
Balotelli, who missed the draw with Napoli last week, will now also sit out the trip to Turin. He`ll return against Catania.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out