Mario Balotelli`s ban reduced to two games
Rome: AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli has had his three-match ban reduced to two on appeal, but he will still miss the crucial tie against Juventus on Sunday.
The Italian international was suspended for insulting a match official during the 2-2 draw at Fiorentina two weeks ago.
The January signing was automatically banned for one game for the accumulation of yellow cards, plus two for his verbal outburst.
Milan appealed against the ban Friday and were able to reduce his initial punishment.
Balotelli, who missed the draw with Napoli last week, will now also sit out the trip to Turin. He`ll return against Catania.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan