Mario Balotelli seeks divine intervention to end goal drought
London: Mario Balotelli, who has scored only once in the Premier League this season, is planning to visit a holy shrine where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared 31 years ago.
Medjugorje, in Bosnia-Herzegovina, became famous with football fans earlier this year when City manager Roberto Mancini made a pilgrimage there, while Manchester City was locked in a title battle with Manchester United, the Daily Star reported.
He later credited the Virgin Mary for winning the title.
Italian showgirl Raffaella Fico – pregnant with Balotelli’s baby – has also visited the place.
“It is very likely that Mancini will come with him,” a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre