Mario Balotelli seeks divine intervention to end goal drought
London: Mario Balotelli, who has scored only once in the Premier League this season, is planning to visit a holy shrine where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared 31 years ago.
Medjugorje, in Bosnia-Herzegovina, became famous with football fans earlier this year when City manager Roberto Mancini made a pilgrimage there, while Manchester City was locked in a title battle with Manchester United, the Daily Star reported.
He later credited the Virgin Mary for winning the title.
Italian showgirl Raffaella Fico – pregnant with Balotelli’s baby – has also visited the place.
“It is very likely that Mancini will come with him,” a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu