Mario Balotelli seeks divine intervention to end goal drought
London: Mario Balotelli, who has scored only once in the Premier League this season, is planning to visit a holy shrine where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared 31 years ago.
Medjugorje, in Bosnia-Herzegovina, became famous with football fans earlier this year when City manager Roberto Mancini made a pilgrimage there, while Manchester City was locked in a title battle with Manchester United, the Daily Star reported.
He later credited the Virgin Mary for winning the title.
Italian showgirl Raffaella Fico – pregnant with Balotelli’s baby – has also visited the place.
“It is very likely that Mancini will come with him,” a source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi