Mario Balotelli set to debut against Udinese
Milan: AC Milan head coach Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed that their new signing Mario Balotelli could make his debut against Udinese on Sunday.
As the 22-year-old former Manchester City striker is in form, demonstrated by the goal he scored in a friendly Thursday, Allegri could not hesitate to put Balotelli straight into the starting line-up where he could feature alongside Giampaolo Pazzini.
"He joined on Thursday, and is in good shape physically," he told reporters Saturday.
"I will decide whether he`ll start or be on the bench. It is not just a tactical choice, but also dictated by the situation.
"In my view he can be paired with Pazzini, who has done well so far this season."
Allegri said the signing has benefited AC Milan in several ways, pointing to the lift the transfer has given his side.
"Balotelli`s arrival is important for the club in media terms. He has brought a strong wave of enthusiasm, although we must remain detached from that," Allegri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch
- China mounts rescue efforts as tornado toll hits 98
- Bollywood smitten with Harshvardhan Kapoor's theatrics in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Mirzya' trailer!-- See tweets
- Brexit: How it can give better market access to India