Mario Balotelli set to debut against Udinese
Milan: AC Milan head coach Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed that their new signing Mario Balotelli could make his debut against Udinese on Sunday.
As the 22-year-old former Manchester City striker is in form, demonstrated by the goal he scored in a friendly Thursday, Allegri could not hesitate to put Balotelli straight into the starting line-up where he could feature alongside Giampaolo Pazzini.
"He joined on Thursday, and is in good shape physically," he told reporters Saturday.
"I will decide whether he`ll start or be on the bench. It is not just a tactical choice, but also dictated by the situation.
"In my view he can be paired with Pazzini, who has done well so far this season."
Allegri said the signing has benefited AC Milan in several ways, pointing to the lift the transfer has given his side.
"Balotelli`s arrival is important for the club in media terms. He has brought a strong wave of enthusiasm, although we must remain detached from that," Allegri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read