Mario Balotelli suffers untimely thigh injury
Milan: AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli is an injury worry for the Serie A giants ahead of next week`s Champions League clash with Barcelona after suffering a thigh injury.
Milan, who sit in 12th position and are already 13 points behind league leaders Roma, had been set to welcome Balotelli back from a three-game ban.
However a thigh problem suffered in training means the Italy international is expected to sit out Saturday`s league fixture at home to Udinese and could be doubtful for Tuesday`s visit of Barcelona to the San Siro.
A brief statement by Milan said: "Mario Balotelli has reported a muscular pain in his right thigh. The player will be monitored in the following days to ascertain the extent of the problem and the appropriate treatment."
After two games in Group H, Milan, on four points, sit second behind the Spanish giants after a win against Celtic and a draw away to Ajax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra