Mario Goezte`s Bayern switch angers Mats Hummels
Munich: Germany defender Mats Hummels has admitted he was angry to hear Borussia Dortmund and national team-mate Mario Goetze had decided to leave the Champions League finalists to join Bundesliga rivals Bayern Munich.
Rising star Goetze, 21, actioned a release clause in his Dortmund contract to allow him to join Bayern for 37 million euros (US48m, £31m) and news of the transfer broke in April, just before Dortmund`s Champions League semi-final win over Real Madrid.
But Hummels, 24, was bemused why Goetze wanted to join Champions League winners Bayern from a Dortmund side which won back-to-back Bundesliga titles in 2010-11 and 2011-12 and could not understand the decision.
"No, and I told him that. It surprised everyone in the (Dortmund) team," Hummels told magazine Sport Bild with Goetze now a Bayern player.
"That shows that previously it (leaving to join another club) was never a big issue. Everyone has seen how good our team is.
"I just think that there were or are little to no sporting reasons to leave us.
"You could see how our team has developed and Mario got along very well with many in the team.
"It made me so angry that he felt the need to leave so early."
Having suffered a hamstring injury in April, Goetze was unable to play in Dortmund`s 2-1 defeat to Bayern Munich in May`s Champions League final at Wembley.
Goetze`s transfer makes him the second highest transfer in Bundesliga history behind the 40 million euros (USD 52m, 34m pounds) Bayern paid for Javi Martinez in August 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA