Mario Gomez to undergo surgery after sustaining ankle injury
Munich: Bayern Munich have confirmed Mario Gomez is due to undergo surgery on an ankle injury he sustained during his side`s match against Werder Bremen on Saturday.
The 27-year-old was stretchered off only minutes shy of the half-time whistle at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg, and it was later discovered that he would require an operation to rectify the problem.
Speaking on Sunday, Bayern sporting director Matthias Sammer admitted: "He is not good. He needs surgery. Then we`ll see how long he`s out for."
The match finished 2-2 after regular time, only for Thomas Schaaf`s side to win out 4-2 on spot-kicks.
The Germany striker could join the likes of Rafinha (torn knee ligament), Diego Contento (hairline foot fracture) and David Alaba (stress foot fracture) on the club`s treatment table with long-term injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves