Mario Mandzukic left at home as Bayern leave for Moscow
Berlin: Bayern Munich left for Moscow and their Champions League clash with CSKA on Tuesday without star striker Mario Mandzukic.
The Croatia international, who has a calf problem, joined injured first-teamers Franck Ribery (ribs) and Bastian Schweinsteiger (ankle) in remaining in the Bavarian capital.
To make up the numbers, Spanish coach Pep Guardiola called up reserve team players Pierre Emile Hojbjerg, Mitchell Weiser and Julian Green.
With four wins from four, the current Champions League holders have already qualified for the knock-out stages with two Group D matches to spare.
Whatever happens in Moscow, they know they only need a draw at home to Manchester City in their final group game on December 10 to ensure they finish top.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional