Mario Mandzukic left at home as Bayern leave for Moscow
Berlin: Bayern Munich left for Moscow and their Champions League clash with CSKA on Tuesday without star striker Mario Mandzukic.
The Croatia international, who has a calf problem, joined injured first-teamers Franck Ribery (ribs) and Bastian Schweinsteiger (ankle) in remaining in the Bavarian capital.
To make up the numbers, Spanish coach Pep Guardiola called up reserve team players Pierre Emile Hojbjerg, Mitchell Weiser and Julian Green.
With four wins from four, the current Champions League holders have already qualified for the knock-out stages with two Group D matches to spare.
Whatever happens in Moscow, they know they only need a draw at home to Manchester City in their final group game on December 10 to ensure they finish top.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees