Mario Mandzukic left at home as Bayern leave for Moscow
Berlin: Bayern Munich left for Moscow and their Champions League clash with CSKA on Tuesday without star striker Mario Mandzukic.
The Croatia international, who has a calf problem, joined injured first-teamers Franck Ribery (ribs) and Bastian Schweinsteiger (ankle) in remaining in the Bavarian capital.
To make up the numbers, Spanish coach Pep Guardiola called up reserve team players Pierre Emile Hojbjerg, Mitchell Weiser and Julian Green.
With four wins from four, the current Champions League holders have already qualified for the knock-out stages with two Group D matches to spare.
Whatever happens in Moscow, they know they only need a draw at home to Manchester City in their final group game on December 10 to ensure they finish top.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17
- Vegan? Here's how you can get all key nutrients!
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert