Mark Hughes urges Moyes to include ‘asset’ Giggs as United coach
London: Former Queen Park Rangers manager Mark Hughes has asked Manchester United`s new boss David Moyes to consider midfielder Ryan Giggs for a position on the coaching staff of the team.
Old Trafford stalwart Giggs has won 13 league titles and scored in 23 consecutive campaigns with the club, the Mirror reports.
Hughes backed Giggs by saying that he can be a huge asset to the team and hoped that the team finds some role for the talented player.
While Everton captain Phil Neville and Goodison reserve-team coach David Weir are competitors for staff positions in Moyes’ backroom team, Hughes has shown agreement for Moyes as the perfect replacement for Ferguson.
Praising Moyes as a leader with longevity in his job, Hughes said that United does not want to witness major changes as they already have a successful model and Moyes is an attractive replacement to carry forward the team’s legacy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof