Marseille and Napoli punished over fans
Lausanne: Marseille and Napoli have been hit with punishments over the behaviour of their fans in the recent Champions League games between the pair, UEFA said Friday.
UEFA`s disciplinary committee fined French giants Marseille a total of 58,000 euros (USD 78,600) after their fans let off flares and threw objects on to the pitch both during their side`s home fixture at the Velodrome on October 22 and the return at Naples`s San Paolo on November 6.
Napoli were fined a total of 55,000 euros after their fans also let off flares at both matches.
Napoli won both games, knocking Marseille out of the competition.
Turks Galatasaray were hit with a 100,000 euros fine for trouble by their fans at a match in Copenhagen on November 5 while Ajax were hit with a 20,000-euro penalty due to incidents during their clash with Celtic on October 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery