Marseille and Napoli punished over fans
Lausanne: Marseille and Napoli have been hit with punishments over the behaviour of their fans in the recent Champions League games between the pair, UEFA said Friday.
UEFA`s disciplinary committee fined French giants Marseille a total of 58,000 euros (USD 78,600) after their fans let off flares and threw objects on to the pitch both during their side`s home fixture at the Velodrome on October 22 and the return at Naples`s San Paolo on November 6.
Napoli were fined a total of 55,000 euros after their fans also let off flares at both matches.
Napoli won both games, knocking Marseille out of the competition.
Turks Galatasaray were hit with a 100,000 euros fine for trouble by their fans at a match in Copenhagen on November 5 while Ajax were hit with a 20,000-euro penalty due to incidents during their clash with Celtic on October 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative