Mats Hummels injures foot, to miss two more weeks
BERLIN: Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels will be sidelined for another two weeks after injuring his right foot in a friendly against Fortuna Duesseldorf, Borussia Dortmund said on their website on Thursday (www.bvb.de)
Dortmund said that Hummels, 25, suffered a mid-foot sprain in Tuesday`s match and that he would be out of action for about two weeks.
The Germany international had been out since November due to an ankle injury suffered in Germany`s 1-0 friendly win over England at Wembley and only returned to Dortmund`s lineup for a 2-1 Bundesliga win over Braunschweig on Friday. His ankle injury has healed completely, Dortmund said.
Hummels will miss Saturday`s match at Werder Bremen, the German Cup quarter-final at Frankfurt next week and a Bundesliga game against Frankfurt. He could be back for Dortmund`s Champions League quarter-final trip to Zenit St Petersburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself