Mats Hummels injures foot, to miss two more weeks
BERLIN: Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels will be sidelined for another two weeks after injuring his right foot in a friendly against Fortuna Duesseldorf, Borussia Dortmund said on their website on Thursday (www.bvb.de)
Dortmund said that Hummels, 25, suffered a mid-foot sprain in Tuesday`s match and that he would be out of action for about two weeks.
The Germany international had been out since November due to an ankle injury suffered in Germany`s 1-0 friendly win over England at Wembley and only returned to Dortmund`s lineup for a 2-1 Bundesliga win over Braunschweig on Friday. His ankle injury has healed completely, Dortmund said.
Hummels will miss Saturday`s match at Werder Bremen, the German Cup quarter-final at Frankfurt next week and a Bundesliga game against Frankfurt. He could be back for Dortmund`s Champions League quarter-final trip to Zenit St Petersburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra