Mats Hummels injures foot, to miss two more weeks
BERLIN: Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels will be sidelined for another two weeks after injuring his right foot in a friendly against Fortuna Duesseldorf, Borussia Dortmund said on their website on Thursday (www.bvb.de)
Dortmund said that Hummels, 25, suffered a mid-foot sprain in Tuesday`s match and that he would be out of action for about two weeks.
The Germany international had been out since November due to an ankle injury suffered in Germany`s 1-0 friendly win over England at Wembley and only returned to Dortmund`s lineup for a 2-1 Bundesliga win over Braunschweig on Friday. His ankle injury has healed completely, Dortmund said.
Hummels will miss Saturday`s match at Werder Bremen, the German Cup quarter-final at Frankfurt next week and a Bundesliga game against Frankfurt. He could be back for Dortmund`s Champions League quarter-final trip to Zenit St Petersburg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read