Maxi Lopez in talks with Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro: Catania`s Argentine striker Maxi Lopez is considering a move to Brazilian top-flight football club Botafogo.
The 29-year-old spoke to Botafogo midfielder and former AC Milan teammate Clarence Seedorf about joining the Rio de Janeiro outfit this month, reported Xinhua citing Brazilian website Lancenet.
It is understood the former Barcelona player is awaiting a possible offer from Spain or England before making a decision.
Lopez is contracted to Catania until July next year, having signed with the Italian Serie A club from FC Moscow in 2010.
Botafogo are seeking to boost their attacking options as they prepare to compete in the 2014 Copa Liberatdores -- South America`s elite club competition -- for the first time since 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!