Maxi Lopez in talks with Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro: Catania`s Argentine striker Maxi Lopez is considering a move to Brazilian top-flight football club Botafogo.
The 29-year-old spoke to Botafogo midfielder and former AC Milan teammate Clarence Seedorf about joining the Rio de Janeiro outfit this month, reported Xinhua citing Brazilian website Lancenet.
It is understood the former Barcelona player is awaiting a possible offer from Spain or England before making a decision.
Lopez is contracted to Catania until July next year, having signed with the Italian Serie A club from FC Moscow in 2010.
Botafogo are seeking to boost their attacking options as they prepare to compete in the 2014 Copa Liberatdores -- South America`s elite club competition -- for the first time since 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube