Medeira mulls changes ahead of friendly against Malaysia
Kolkata: Keeping the SAFF Cup in mind, coach Savio Medeira is set to ring in changes and try out new players when the Indian football team takes on Malaysia in the second friendly international, to be held on Tuesday.
The first match, at Guwahati on Sunday, had ended in a draw with both teams scoring a goal each.
"We have decided to give every player a fair chance. There`s a reason why they are here. The SAFF Championship is round the corner and we need to plan and try out players accordingly," Medeira stressed.
"Playing in Kolkata would be an added pressure as the expectations would be high. But at the same time, we need to cash in on the home support," he added.
The match is set to attract the attention of the fans as the football-crazy city is hosting an international match, involving India, after a long time, and the team under new coach Medeira would be keen to record a win.
"Savio has associated been with the team in various capacities and his knowledge would come in handy. He knows what the players want," veteran midfielder Climax Lawrence said.
Both the teams have played 28 times so far with India winning 10 and Malaysia 11.
Seven matches, including the one at Guwahati, have ended in draws.
Meanwhile, responding to media reports, RIFF vice-president Subrata Dutta officially denied having said anything regarding colours of tickets printed for the forthcoming I-League match between McDowell Mohun Bagan and Kingfisher East Bengal, to be held at the Salt Lake Stadium on November 20.
Rather he supports the fact that any I-League club has the right to print tickets for their home matches of any colour of their choice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof