Meghalaya government felicitates Subroto Cup winners
Shillong: Meghalaya government today felicitated the players of O M Roy School with Rs 2 lakh for bringing home the prestigious Subroto Cup.
State Sports Minister Zenith Sangma presented the cash award to the team and shawls to each individual player at a function here.
Speaking at the function, the minister said it was a momentous occasion for the state as the Cup returned home after a gap of 14 years.
There will be one Sports Complex comprising outdoor, indoor stadium and other infrastructure in every block within this current financial year, he said.
Besides, he said, the government had initiated to create big football stadiums with FIFA norms in different parts of the state.
A master plan has been prepared for a football stadium with 40,000 to 50,000 capacity in Shillong, he said.
O M Roy school team thrashed Magurmari Provisional High School of Assam 4-0 at the Ambedkar Stadium in the national capital last week to lift the Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'