Meghalaya government felicitates Subroto Cup winners
Shillong: Meghalaya government today felicitated the players of O M Roy School with Rs 2 lakh for bringing home the prestigious Subroto Cup.
State Sports Minister Zenith Sangma presented the cash award to the team and shawls to each individual player at a function here.
Speaking at the function, the minister said it was a momentous occasion for the state as the Cup returned home after a gap of 14 years.
There will be one Sports Complex comprising outdoor, indoor stadium and other infrastructure in every block within this current financial year, he said.
Besides, he said, the government had initiated to create big football stadiums with FIFA norms in different parts of the state.
A master plan has been prepared for a football stadium with 40,000 to 50,000 capacity in Shillong, he said.
O M Roy school team thrashed Magurmari Provisional High School of Assam 4-0 at the Ambedkar Stadium in the national capital last week to lift the Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say