Men more excited about women`s W. Cup football
Berlin: Men are more excited about the upcoming women`s football World Cup than women, a poll published in host country Germany showed on Wednesday, 11 days before the event kicks off.
Sixty-three percent of men surveyed are looking forward to the event from June 26 to July 17 compared to 43 percent of women, according to the poll conducted by German weekly.
Sixty percent of men thought women`s football was attractive, compared to just 45 percent of women.
Around half of both sexes thought the event would be as successful as the men`s World Cup in Germany in 2006, the poll showed.
The men`s event six years ago not only went smoothly but it was also credited with boosting Germany`s image abroad and with making Germans get over a postwar unease about overt displays of national pride.
The opening match of 32 takes place on June 26 in Berlin`s Olympic Stadium as hosts Germany hoping for their third successive title, take on Canada. Seventy percent of those polled think Germany will at least reach the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre