Men more excited about women`s W. Cup football
Berlin: Men are more excited about the upcoming women`s football World Cup than women, a poll published in host country Germany showed on Wednesday, 11 days before the event kicks off.
Sixty-three percent of men surveyed are looking forward to the event from June 26 to July 17 compared to 43 percent of women, according to the poll conducted by German weekly.
Sixty percent of men thought women`s football was attractive, compared to just 45 percent of women.
Around half of both sexes thought the event would be as successful as the men`s World Cup in Germany in 2006, the poll showed.
The men`s event six years ago not only went smoothly but it was also credited with boosting Germany`s image abroad and with making Germans get over a postwar unease about overt displays of national pride.
The opening match of 32 takes place on June 26 in Berlin`s Olympic Stadium as hosts Germany hoping for their third successive title, take on Canada. Seventy percent of those polled think Germany will at least reach the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town