Menezes reveals Flamengo interest
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil coach Mano Menezes has admitted his interest in the vacant managerial position at Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo.
The 51-year-old has been out of football since he was sacked as coach of the Brazil national team in November last year.
But he revealed Monday he is currently in talks with Flamengo, who fired manager Jorginho last week after the club`s poor start to the Brazilian Serie A season.
"It isn`t a question of money. I like money, especially when it is mine, but I also like recognition of my work," Menezes said in a television interview.
"Flamengo is a great club that is going through a rebuilding period. I like the project they are trying to implement. What is going to happen in the next few days depends on the possibility of doing a good job.
"A manager isn`t a miracle worker. He needs to have quality human resources to work successfully. Even with a long-term project you need to produce because there is no long-term project that survives without results."
Flamengo are currently 13th in the Brasileirao Serie A standings with five points from as many matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports