Menezes reveals Flamengo interest
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil coach Mano Menezes has admitted his interest in the vacant managerial position at Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo.
The 51-year-old has been out of football since he was sacked as coach of the Brazil national team in November last year.
But he revealed Monday he is currently in talks with Flamengo, who fired manager Jorginho last week after the club`s poor start to the Brazilian Serie A season.
"It isn`t a question of money. I like money, especially when it is mine, but I also like recognition of my work," Menezes said in a television interview.
"Flamengo is a great club that is going through a rebuilding period. I like the project they are trying to implement. What is going to happen in the next few days depends on the possibility of doing a good job.
"A manager isn`t a miracle worker. He needs to have quality human resources to work successfully. Even with a long-term project you need to produce because there is no long-term project that survives without results."
Flamengo are currently 13th in the Brasileirao Serie A standings with five points from as many matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi