Messi 2 shy of Maradona’s milestone of international goals
Washington: Argentinian footballer Lionel Messi is reportedly eyeing another milestone after reaching just two goals behind Diego Maradona`s international total of 34 goals, which guided Argentina closer to qualifying for 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
The four-time World Player of the Year scored his 32nd international goal to help Argentina defeat Venezuela 3-0 in Buenos Aires as Argentina remained four points clear at the top of the South American group.
Argentina has not won the World Cup since 1986 when Maradona led his country to glory, adding that Messi is a desperate hope for the country to change their luck for the better this year.
The football ace, who scored 91 goals for his club Barcelona and his country in 2012 which surpassed the previous record of 85 by Germany`s Gerd Muller, looks set to break new ground once again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog