Messi 2 shy of Maradona’s milestone of international goals
Washington: Argentinian footballer Lionel Messi is reportedly eyeing another milestone after reaching just two goals behind Diego Maradona`s international total of 34 goals, which guided Argentina closer to qualifying for 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
The four-time World Player of the Year scored his 32nd international goal to help Argentina defeat Venezuela 3-0 in Buenos Aires as Argentina remained four points clear at the top of the South American group.
Argentina has not won the World Cup since 1986 when Maradona led his country to glory, adding that Messi is a desperate hope for the country to change their luck for the better this year.
The football ace, who scored 91 goals for his club Barcelona and his country in 2012 which surpassed the previous record of 85 by Germany`s Gerd Muller, looks set to break new ground once again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!