Messi and Higuain are little girls, mocks Peru defender
Rio de Janeiro: Peru defender Carlos Zambrano has labelled Argentina stars Lionel Messi and Gonzalo Higuain "little girls" following the teams` 1-1 draw in Tuesday`s World Cup qualifier in Lima.
Zambrano also accused Messi of being "scared" by the occasion Thursday, reports Xinhua.
"He didn`t do much. Maybe he was scared, I don`t know," Zambrano said.
"We deserved to win. We were the better team and I`m angry that we only managed to get one point from the match."
"They complained about everything. They are little girls. Higuain tried to provoke me the entire match but I didn`t get sucked in."
Zambrano gave Peru the lead with an early strike before Real Madrid forward Higuain equalised at the Estadio Nacional.
Peru had the best of the second-half chances while Argentina struggled to maintain possession in the opposition half.
"They were impotent and frustrated. They didn`t know how to stop us and couldn`t win possession of the ball," Zambrano added.
"They tried to unsettle me with insults but when they were tackled they complained and went to ground. They think they are untouchable but football is a game for men."
Despite the result, Argentina remains on top of South America`s Conmebol standings with 14 points from seven matches. Peru is seventh with seven points from as many games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers