Messi deserves the Ballon d`Or, says Ibrahimovic
London: The Sweden forward struggles to describe just how good the Argentine star is, but believes that Zinedine Zidane is the best player to ever have graced football
Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says that Lionel Messi deserves to win the Ballon d`Or, even though the Barcelona forward has won the award three times previously.
Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are thought to be the front-runners for the coveted award, but Ibrahimovic believes that the Argentina international is the clear favourite.
"Messi is the best player in the world, he deserves the Ballon d`Or," Ibrahimovic told BeIn Sport.
"I know he`s won it several times but it is deserved. He plays like he`s on PlayStation, it`s unbelievable. People who say otherwise either don`t know anything about football or are just talking nonsense."
Ibrahimovic also heaped praise upon former Real Madrid midfielder Zinedine Zidane, and says that he aims to have the same positive impact on his team as the legendary French playmaker used to.
"When Zidane stepped onto the pitch, the 10 other guys just got suddenly better. It is that simple.
"It was magic. He was a unique player. He was more than good, he came from another planet. His team-mates became like him when he was on the pitch. A player that makes the difference is a player that makes the others better.
"I don`t know if we will see others like him. That`s my mentality. Make the others better. Because if they are better, I too will be better," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?