Messi deserves the Ballon d`Or, says Ibrahimovic
London: The Sweden forward struggles to describe just how good the Argentine star is, but believes that Zinedine Zidane is the best player to ever have graced football
Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic says that Lionel Messi deserves to win the Ballon d`Or, even though the Barcelona forward has won the award three times previously.
Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are thought to be the front-runners for the coveted award, but Ibrahimovic believes that the Argentina international is the clear favourite.
"Messi is the best player in the world, he deserves the Ballon d`Or," Ibrahimovic told BeIn Sport.
"I know he`s won it several times but it is deserved. He plays like he`s on PlayStation, it`s unbelievable. People who say otherwise either don`t know anything about football or are just talking nonsense."
Ibrahimovic also heaped praise upon former Real Madrid midfielder Zinedine Zidane, and says that he aims to have the same positive impact on his team as the legendary French playmaker used to.
"When Zidane stepped onto the pitch, the 10 other guys just got suddenly better. It is that simple.
"It was magic. He was a unique player. He was more than good, he came from another planet. His team-mates became like him when he was on the pitch. A player that makes the difference is a player that makes the others better.
"I don`t know if we will see others like him. That`s my mentality. Make the others better. Because if they are better, I too will be better," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Novak Djokovic beats scare, Rafael Nadal eases at revamped US Open
- Colombia ceasefire ends half-century war with FARC
- Embarrassment for Congress as Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife criticises Amarinder Singh
- Why cholera is more deadly for people with type O blood
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2