Messi did nothing wrong, says Barcelona`s Jordi Alba
Barcelona: Barcelona full-back Jordi Alba has defended World Player of the Year Lionel Messi after an alleged scuffle between the Argentine and Real Madrid`s Alvaro Arbeloa.
Messi was said to have thrown verbal abuse at the Spanish right-back following the side`s 1-1 draw in the first leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final on Wednesday.
But Alba was quick to rubbish the claims.
"I didn`t see anything wrong with the car park incident. Messi was just annoyed," he told reporters at a sponsorship event.
As well as standing by the 25-year-old, Alba stressed the importance of Barca`s second leg against their arch rivals.
"The home game will be crucial. There are a lot of turns left in the tie."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years