Messi did nothing wrong, says Barcelona`s Jordi Alba
Barcelona: Barcelona full-back Jordi Alba has defended World Player of the Year Lionel Messi after an alleged scuffle between the Argentine and Real Madrid`s Alvaro Arbeloa.
Messi was said to have thrown verbal abuse at the Spanish right-back following the side`s 1-1 draw in the first leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final on Wednesday.
But Alba was quick to rubbish the claims.
"I didn`t see anything wrong with the car park incident. Messi was just annoyed," he told reporters at a sponsorship event.
As well as standing by the 25-year-old, Alba stressed the importance of Barca`s second leg against their arch rivals.
"The home game will be crucial. There are a lot of turns left in the tie."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre