Messi helped Martino ink Barcelona managerial deal
London: Gerardo Martino may have appointed Barcelona`s new coach mainly due to his close links with Lionel Messi, according to new reports.
According to The Sun, the family of the world`s greatest player comes from the same Argentinian city Rosario as Martino and has ties with the new Nou Camp chief.
The report said that Martino, who has signed a two-year deal with Barca, revealed that he had no doubts that Messi spoke with the club directors and he was also sure Messi`s father Jorge must also have had some weight in the decision.
Last year, Messi had said that Tata was a great manager and the Argentinian side he coached had won the respect of everyone for the way it played the game.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory