Messi helped Martino ink Barcelona managerial deal
London: Gerardo Martino may have appointed Barcelona`s new coach mainly due to his close links with Lionel Messi, according to new reports.
According to The Sun, the family of the world`s greatest player comes from the same Argentinian city Rosario as Martino and has ties with the new Nou Camp chief.
The report said that Martino, who has signed a two-year deal with Barca, revealed that he had no doubts that Messi spoke with the club directors and he was also sure Messi`s father Jorge must also have had some weight in the decision.
Last year, Messi had said that Tata was a great manager and the Argentinian side he coached had won the respect of everyone for the way it played the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway