Messi, Iniesta out of Zaragoza clash
Madrid: Barcelona have left World Player of the Year Lionel Messi and the Spanish international trio of Andres Iniesta, Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba out of their squad for their trip to Zaragoza on Sunday.
Messi played the final half hour of Wednesday`s Champions League quarter-final second-leg against Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday despite carrying a hamstring injury and, although his participation against the French side didn`t aggravate the injury, he is expected to be rested until the first-leg of the semi-final clash against Bayern Munich on April 23.
Busquets has also been ruled out to a pelvic injury, whilst Iniesta and Alba`s absences are purely down to the decision of the management staff.
Although, the good news for the Azulgrana was that Adriano is return to training on Saturday and he has been included in the 18-man squad for the Zaragoza game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review