Messi is better than Cristiano Ronaldo, says Guti
Madrid: Former Real Madrid star Guti believes that Lionel Messi is a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 35-year-old played alongside the Portuguese international during his time at the club and came up against the Barcelona star on a number of occasions.
"I think both Messi and Cristiano are great players, but Messi is better," he is quoted as saying by Cadena Cope.
The 35-year-old is excited about this weekend’s clash between his former club and Barcelona but warns that Real must get something from the game due to the gap between the two sides in the table.
He said: "For Barcelona there are three points at stake, and for Madrid it is a final, because if you lose its 11 points difference," he added.
The recently retired Spaniard also claimed that he was close to signing for River Plate before deciding that staying in Spain would be best for his family.
"I was 99 per cent going to play for River, but my wife and I thought about the situation and decided it was not convenient. Argentina is far away and she is pregnant and needs to be close to her family," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’