Messi is better than Maradona: Vidal
Barcelona: Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal feels that Lionel Messi is a better player than Diego Maradona was.
The former Argentina international is widely considered to be one of the game’s greatest , but Vidal feels that the Barcelona star has now surpassed his compatriot.
"I`ve only seen footage here and there [of Maradona], but I think Messi [is better],” Vidal told Corriere della Sera.
"For what he has done at his age of 25, is much better, at 25 years of age he has won everything [in club football]."
Messi has won five Liga titles, three Champions Leagues, two Copas del Rey and two Club World Cups in a glittering career with Barca, and is the only player to win the Ballon d’Or four times.
Maradona, meanwhile, led his country to the 1986 World Cup, and helped Napoli to two Scudetti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das