Messi is in a class of his own: Ribery
Munich: Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery has revealed ahead of Tuesday night`s Champions League clash with Barcelona that he believes Lionel Messi is in a class of his own.
The France international is regarded as one of the most exciting attacking players in the game today, but even he concedes when it comes to skill, one diminutive dribbler stands head and shoulders above everyone else.
"Messi is class," Ribery was quoted as saiyng. "There is him, and then there is the rest. What he does is extraordinary. He demands admiration."
However, while Ribery has nothing, but respect for Messi, and the Argentine`s accomplices at Camp Nou, he insists Bayern are not perturbed by the prospect of going head to head with the revered Catalan outfit.
"Everyone is waiting for this game," the former Marseille man admitted. "And it is well known that Barca are a great team, but we are not afraid of them."
Ribery, meanwhile, has recently been linked with a return to France, with Paris Saint-Germain. The 30-year-old is intrigued by les Parisiens` project, but says he would like to finish his career in Bavaria.
"PSG`s interest? It`s flattering," he confessed. "[Sporting director] Leonardo, who spoke to me, is a very important person in PSG. The club is transforming.
"But I am very happy at Bayern and my desire is to finish my career here. And [the feeling] is mutual."
Ribery, who has been capped 72 times by his country, joined Bayern in 2007 for a reported 25 million Euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why