Messi not as good as Brazil`s Neymar: Pele
Sao Paulo: Pele says Lionel Messi isn`t the best player in the world today - much less of all time.
Pele said Wednesday that young Brazilian striker Neymar is better than the Argentina forward, and reiterated that he doesn`t think Messi belongs in the conversation about who is the best player ever.
That debate has long centered around Pele and Diego Maradona, but many have started including Messi after a series of outstanding performances with Barcelona.
Pele, however, said at an event celebrating the centennial of Neymar`s club Santos that "there`s always this Maradona comparison, saying that he`s better than Pele. Now some are saying that Messi is better than Pele. Well, he has to be better than Neymar first, which he isn`t yet. He has more experience.``
The 20-year-old Neymar is seen as Brazil`s greatest player at the moment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!