Messi not as good as Brazil`s Neymar: Pele
Sao Paulo: Pele says Lionel Messi isn`t the best player in the world today - much less of all time.
Pele said Wednesday that young Brazilian striker Neymar is better than the Argentina forward, and reiterated that he doesn`t think Messi belongs in the conversation about who is the best player ever.
That debate has long centered around Pele and Diego Maradona, but many have started including Messi after a series of outstanding performances with Barcelona.
Pele, however, said at an event celebrating the centennial of Neymar`s club Santos that "there`s always this Maradona comparison, saying that he`s better than Pele. Now some are saying that Messi is better than Pele. Well, he has to be better than Neymar first, which he isn`t yet. He has more experience.``
The 20-year-old Neymar is seen as Brazil`s greatest player at the moment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list