Messi proud to take Ronaldinho`s No.10
Barcelona: The prolific forward has nothing but praise for the Brazilian attacker and claims it is a "fantastic responsibility" to have inherited the famous squad number at Camp Nou.
Lionel Messi says he feels honoured to be wearing the No.10 jersey at Barcelona and follow in the footsteps of Ronaldinho and other club legends.
The Argentina international inherited Ronaldinho`s number when the Brazilian left Barca for AC Milan in the summer of 2008 and he has claimed it marked a special moment in his early career.
"When they gave me the No.10 jersey, I was very proud and happy to wear it. It`s the shirt that has been worn by some impressive players at the club," the Argentine reveals in an advert for Audemars Piguet.
"Ronaldinho had worn it and he did a great many things for the club. It was a fantastic responsibility for me to have the No.10 shirt that he had worn and which had been worn by many others."
The prolific attacker then went on to voice his ambition to guide Argentina to World Cup glory, while he also wants more silverware with Barca.
"I dream of being a world champion, of winning things with Argentina," Messi added.
"And I dream of being able to win the the titles that I have already won with Barcelona again in the future."
Messi guided Barca to the Liga title this term with 46 goals in 32 league appearances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley