Messi rejects colossal £460,000-a-week offer to leave Barcelona
London: Lionel Messi has turned down a record-breaking 460,000-a-week pound offer to quit Barcelona, according to reports. The Argentina superstar was stunned when an unnamed Russian side, believed to be big-spending Anzhi Makhachkala, triggered his 205 million pound release clause, the Sun reports.
Messi was also offered a mind-boggling salary totaling 24 million pound a year after tax, according to reports in Spain, the paper said. Barcelona was obliged to accept the offer, but Messi swiftly rejected the move after discussions with president Sandro Rosell and his family, it added. The three-time World Player of the Year then pledged his future by signing a new Barca deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug