Messi relishing Neymar link-up
Brasilia: Lionel Messi is eagerly anticipating teaming up with Neymar next season and hopes the former Santos star can replicate his Brazil form at Barcelona.
The 21-year-old has been in fine form at the Confederations Cup, netting three goals and setting up two more to lead Brazil to the final of the competition, and Messi hopes there`s more to come from his new team-mate at club level.
"Neymar really is a great player and I have no doubt that he will contribute a lot," the Argentine was quoted as saying by Sport.
"I hope that he can keep up his current form at Brazil with Barcelona in the new season."
The prolific attacker then went on to discuss the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti as Real Madrid coach and thinks the Santiago Bernabeu side will be back challenging for the Liga title again in 2013-14.
"Barcelona`s goal will again be to fight for all trophies. We will have to compete against a great team, though. It will not be easy because Madrid have some great players.
"They already had a good coach before and have now found another great one."
Messi also had his say on Pep Guardiola`s move to Bayern and believes that the former Barca boss will make the Champions League winners even stronger.
"Bayern were already a great team before Pep`s arrival. They won it all last season and have some fine players. The arrival of Guardiola will only make them stronger."
Guardiola started pre-season with Bayern earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre