Messi`s cousin set to play for Brazilian club
Rio de Janeiro: The cousin of Barcelona star Lionel Messi is poised to sign with Brazilian top-flight football club Vitoria.
Attacking midfielder Maxi Biancucchi has agreed in principal to a one-year deal with the Salvador-based club, according to the player`s agent Regis Marques Chedid.
"Biancucchi will travel to Brazil on Monday to sign with Vitoria," Marques said on his Twitter account Sunday night.
The 28-year-old has spent the past two seasons at Paraguayan club Olimpia, where he is on loan from Mexico`s Cruz Azul.
Last week the Argentinian revealed his desire to return to Brazil, where he spent three seasons with Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo from 2007 to 2009.
"I would like to play in Brazil because it is the most attractive option available to me now," Biancucchi told Brazil`s Uol.
"In the next few days I will decide where I am playing. I want to resolve the situation as soon as possible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam