Messi`s transfer value estimated at whopping 331 mln pounds
London: The transfer value of Barcelona star Lionel Messi has reportedly been estimated to be a whopping 331 million pounds.
In a world where transfer values are often distorted with Andy Carroll costing 35 million pounds and Gareth Bale 85 million pounds, a company has revealed its results on exactly how big the cheque would have to be to convince Barcelona to sell the Argentine.
According to Metro.co.uk, sports marketing specialists Eurmericas state that Messi`s value is a cool 331 million pounds, which takes into account his value as a footballer, as well as the potential earrings from the lucrative sponsorship deals.
However, the company said that the large price tag has not put off customers with three European clubs, one of which is owned by the government, asking them to carry out a study on Messi, adding that they would be willing to pay the valuation they have landed on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened