Messi, the best in the world: Brazilian footballers
Brasilia: Argentine striker Lionel Messi is the best football player in the world, according to most Brazilian footballers who responded a survey by the portal UOL Esporte.
According to the poll, the striker from Spanish club Barcelona was praised by 90 percent of 100 players from 15 Brazilians clubs who were consulted, the Prensa Latina news agency reported.
In second place was Portuguese player Cristiano Ronaldo, with only seven percent of the votes, while the third spot, with merely one percent, was shared by Spanish players Andres Iniesta and Xavi Hernandez, and Brazilian Neymar da Silva.
Da Silva, however, was voted the best Brazilian player at present by 89 percent of respondents.
UOL Esporte made it clear that the Brazilian players voted anonymously and play for renowned teams like Sao Paulo, Corinthians, Santos, Palmeiras, Cruzeiro, Flamengo, Vasco da Gama, Fluminense, Botafogo and International.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!