‘Messi the perfect example of a humble guy’
Barcelona: Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has stressed that humility and teamwork are two of the key values at the Catalan giants, and singled out Lionel Messi as a fine example of a player who represents these morals.
Rosell addressed a group of about 100 children at a primary school on Wednesday, to explain the values at the centre of the club`s recent successes, and had nothing but praise for the Argentine attacker.
"Respect, effort, ambition, team work and humility are key values," the Barcelona president was quoted as saying by Marca.
"Humility is not being cocky. Like Messi, or the way that Barca celebrate its title wins modestly, without offending its opponents.
"When Messi was awarded the Golden Boot, he said that it was thanks to teamwork. Without that, there are no individual victories.
"Messi ran the length of the wing against Rayo [Vallecano] to defend, even though his team were winning 5-0 and he’d scored two of those goals. He made an effort.
"Even if you`ve done all the hard work, you have to keep making an effort."
Barcelona are currently preparing for Saturday`s Liga match against Celta Vigo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon