Messi, van Persie in Pepsi squad for 2014
New Delhi: Global superstars such as Lionel Messi and Robin Van Persie will be a part of Pepsi`s 2014 football squad.
Nineteen of the world`s greatest players, spanning five continents and nearly 20 countries, are uniting with Pepsi to inspire fans the world over to "Live For Now" in 2014.
Messi, Argentinian international striker Sergio Aguero and young British talent Jack Wilshere will be joined by Brazilian defender David Luiz, prolific van Persie and Spanish great Sergio Ramos as part of the global Pepsi lineup.
They will be bolstered by additional footballing greats from across the globe representing their countries.
"Football has been my passion since I was a little boy and it`s certainly one of the things I live for now. I am so proud to be partnering with Pepsi again and representing the brand globally as part of this star-studded team," says three-time player of the year and Argentinian captain Messi.
Earlier today the Pepsi players took to social media to unveil the entire roster in an exciting digital relay that reached fans across the globe.
David Luiz, Premier League player for Chelsea and vice-captain for Brazil`s national team, said, "I`m excited to be teaming up with Pepsi and proud to be part of such a great team."
The players will star in Pepsi`s global television commercial released later in the year. Special commemorative packaging featuring the global Pepsi players will start appearing in market in March, while integrations with music, art, digital, interactive experiences and additional special products will be unveiled throughout the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY