Messi, Xavi and Puyol to sign new Barcelona deals
London: Barcelona have announced on their official website that they have reached an agreement with Xavi and Carles Puyol over a contract extension until the summer of 2016, while Lionel Messi will stay with the club until 2018. The deals will be penned in the coming weeks.
Puyol's previous deal was due to expire at the end of the 2012-13 campaign, but the 34-year-old defender will remain at Barca for three additional seasons.
Xavi, 32, midfielder had a contract with Barcelona until the summer of 2014, and has now reached an agreement for two more seasons after he had already revealed last week that negotiations had reached the final stages.
Messi was initially under contract with the Camp Nou side until 2016, but Barcelona were desperate to offer the Argentina international a new deal following his impressive performances in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites