Michael Jackson`s statue `haunts` Fulham`s Pak boss on first day in office!
New York: As Premier League club Fulham gets a new owner, questions over the statue of Michael Jackson outside Craven Cottage begin to surface once again, with the Pakistan-born owner asking for time to decide on its future.
According to the New York Daily News, the new owner Shahid Khan, who dodged the question about the late `King of Pop,` said that he wanted to ask the fans for their opinion and although they had to preserve and respect history, moving forward was also important.
However, the report said that previous owner Al Fayed had revealed that Michael Jackson would stay because it was part of the deal.
A statue of Jackson was installed outside Fulham`s Craven Cottage stadium, commissioned after the star`s death in 2009 by Mohamed Al Fayed in one of the most contentious decisions of his 18-year ownership, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees