Michael Jackson`s statue removed from Fulham`s home ground
London: The Michael Jackson statue outside Premier League club Fulham`s home ground was hauled away Wednesday, after new owner Shahid Khan ordered it to be removed.
According to the Daily Star, it will be returned to the Premier League club`s ex-owner Mohamed Al Fayed, 84, who defied fans` wishes by erecting it at Craven Cottage in 2011.
Khan had earlier said that he respected Al Fayed and knew that he had good intentions in paying an individual tribute, but the removal of the statue was the right thing for the club.
A Fulham spokesperson had also earlier said that the statue was not part of the Riverside development of the stadium and will be returned to the former chairman in due course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video