Michael Laudrup seeking legal advice following Swansea sacking
Michael Laudrup is seeking legal advice after being sacked by Premier League club Swansea City, the Dane said on Thursday.
He released a statement via the League Managers` Association which said he was told of his dismissal on Tuesday by a brief letter and given no reason for the decision.
"I am deeply disappointed to have been dismissed as manager of Swansea City," Laudrup said.
"In particular, the manner in which it happened and the actions the club has taken since notifying me in the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary.
"I am, of course, taking legal advice and the LMA have already written to the club asking for a proper explanation as to why I was summarily dismissed."
Swansea sacked Laudrup with the team in 12th spot, but just two points above the relegation zone after a run of six defeats in eight Premier League games.
The former Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid player enjoyed success with the club following his appointment in June 2012, winning the League Cup in 2013 and leading the side into the last 32 of the Europa League this season.
"The club has informed me that I cannot visit the training ground to say my farewells to the players so I do that now through this statement," Laudrup said.
"Three members of my staff have also been dismissed. While league results have been disappointing of late, we are still 12th in the table."
Swansea host Welsh rivals Cardiff City on Saturday, with club captain Garry Monk taking charge of the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’