Michael Laudrup seeking legal advice following Swansea sacking
Michael Laudrup is seeking legal advice after being sacked by Premier League club Swansea City, the Dane said on Thursday.
He released a statement via the League Managers` Association which said he was told of his dismissal on Tuesday by a brief letter and given no reason for the decision.
"I am deeply disappointed to have been dismissed as manager of Swansea City," Laudrup said.
"In particular, the manner in which it happened and the actions the club has taken since notifying me in the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary.
"I am, of course, taking legal advice and the LMA have already written to the club asking for a proper explanation as to why I was summarily dismissed."
Swansea sacked Laudrup with the team in 12th spot, but just two points above the relegation zone after a run of six defeats in eight Premier League games.
The former Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid player enjoyed success with the club following his appointment in June 2012, winning the League Cup in 2013 and leading the side into the last 32 of the Europa League this season.
"The club has informed me that I cannot visit the training ground to say my farewells to the players so I do that now through this statement," Laudrup said.
"Three members of my staff have also been dismissed. While league results have been disappointing of late, we are still 12th in the table."
Swansea host Welsh rivals Cardiff City on Saturday, with club captain Garry Monk taking charge of the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read