Mikel lifts lid on Ancelotti anger over draw
London: Chelsea`s John Obi Mikel has revealed the extent of Carlo Ancelotti`s anger at their Champions League draw with APOEL Nicosia, a performance the Italian described as their worst since he took over.
"The manager was really, really mad with the way we played in the second half," the player told the club`s website on Wednesday.
Chelsea, who had already qualified for the last 16, drew 2-2 after a glaring error from Mikel allowed the Cypriot side to equalise in the 87th minute.
"It was the worst display since I came here," Ancelotti said after the game. "In the second half we lost intensity, lost concentration, we played too slowly and too soft."
The Premier League leaders are without a win in their last three games after they lost to Manchester City and exited the League Cup to Blackburn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you