Mikel lifts lid on Ancelotti anger over draw
London: Chelsea`s John Obi Mikel has revealed the extent of Carlo Ancelotti`s anger at their Champions League draw with APOEL Nicosia, a performance the Italian described as their worst since he took over.
"The manager was really, really mad with the way we played in the second half," the player told the club`s website on Wednesday.
Chelsea, who had already qualified for the last 16, drew 2-2 after a glaring error from Mikel allowed the Cypriot side to equalise in the 87th minute.
"It was the worst display since I came here," Ancelotti said after the game. "In the second half we lost intensity, lost concentration, we played too slowly and too soft."
The Premier League leaders are without a win in their last three games after they lost to Manchester City and exited the League Cup to Blackburn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?