Mikel lifts lid on Ancelotti anger over draw
London: Chelsea`s John Obi Mikel has revealed the extent of Carlo Ancelotti`s anger at their Champions League draw with APOEL Nicosia, a performance the Italian described as their worst since he took over.
"The manager was really, really mad with the way we played in the second half," the player told the club`s website on Wednesday.
Chelsea, who had already qualified for the last 16, drew 2-2 after a glaring error from Mikel allowed the Cypriot side to equalise in the 87th minute.
"It was the worst display since I came here," Ancelotti said after the game. "In the second half we lost intensity, lost concentration, we played too slowly and too soft."
The Premier League leaders are without a win in their last three games after they lost to Manchester City and exited the League Cup to Blackburn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog