Mikel to miss out on Chelsea League and FA Cup finale
London: Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel will miss the Premier League season finale and FA Cup final against Portsmouth after having minor knee surgery.
The 23-year-old Nigerian international was injured in the match against Bolton Wanderers last month, the club said on their website on Thursday.
Leaders Chelsea could be chasing a Double against Portsmouth at Wembley on May 15 if they beat Wigan Athletic and secure the league title on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre