Mikel to miss out on Chelsea League and FA Cup finale
London: Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel will miss the Premier League season finale and FA Cup final against Portsmouth after having minor knee surgery.
The 23-year-old Nigerian international was injured in the match against Bolton Wanderers last month, the club said on their website on Thursday.
Leaders Chelsea could be chasing a Double against Portsmouth at Wembley on May 15 if they beat Wigan Athletic and secure the league title on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14