Milan go top after Robinho miss and teargas incident
Milan: AC Milan shrugged off an unbelievable Robinho miss, and an interruption caused when teargas was thrown outside the ground, to record a 2-0 win at Genoa that took them to the top of Serie A on Friday.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic won and converted a second-half penalty and Antonio Nocerino side-footed the second while the hosts had former Milan defender Kakha Kaladze sent off in the 54th minute.
In between the goals Robinho somehow contrived to scoop the ball over the bar from two metres after a low cross by Alberto Aquilani who was left thumping the ground in anger.
The game was halted for nine minutes in the first half after the teargas incident left players, officials and fans coughing and wiping their eyes.
It was not immediately clear why the teargas had been thrown.
Defending champions Milan have 27 points from 13 games, one ahead of unbeaten Juventus who host Cesena on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'