Milan striker Pato included in squad for United game
Milan: AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato looks to have shaken off a thigh injury after being included in the squad on Monday for Wednesday`s Champions League last 16 second leg at Manchester United.
The Brazilian missed Saturday`s 0-0 draw at AS Roma but a club statement said he would travel to Manchester, where the Serie A side need to overturn a 3-2 first leg deficit.
Pato is the key part of the three-pronged attack favoured by Milan coach Leonardo, who was forced to play strikers Marco Borriello and Klaas Jan Huntelaar as a front two at Roma.
If the Brazilian is fit enough to start on the right of the trio, Dutchman Huntelaar is likely to drop to the bench with Ronaldinho and Borriello filling the other forward positions.
David Beckham would have been a candidate to replace Pato but the 34-year-old is now more likely to play on the right of midfield if Leonardo decides to bring the England man back against his former club.
Midfielder Mathieu Flamini played instead of substitute Beckham against Roma while Gennaro Gattuso is available at Old Trafford after a ban and Clarence Seedorf returns from a knock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 'Some objects' spotted as search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft enters sixth day
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos
- Pakistan a dependable ally, says British PM Theresa May
- Yes Bank gets Sebi nod for mutual fund, AMC business
- Canara Bank gets shareholders nod to raise up to Rs 2,000 cr