Milan striker Pato included in squad for United game
Milan: AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato looks to have shaken off a thigh injury after being included in the squad on Monday for Wednesday`s Champions League last 16 second leg at Manchester United.
The Brazilian missed Saturday`s 0-0 draw at AS Roma but a club statement said he would travel to Manchester, where the Serie A side need to overturn a 3-2 first leg deficit.
Pato is the key part of the three-pronged attack favoured by Milan coach Leonardo, who was forced to play strikers Marco Borriello and Klaas Jan Huntelaar as a front two at Roma.
If the Brazilian is fit enough to start on the right of the trio, Dutchman Huntelaar is likely to drop to the bench with Ronaldinho and Borriello filling the other forward positions.
David Beckham would have been a candidate to replace Pato but the 34-year-old is now more likely to play on the right of midfield if Leonardo decides to bring the England man back against his former club.
Midfielder Mathieu Flamini played instead of substitute Beckham against Roma while Gennaro Gattuso is available at Old Trafford after a ban and Clarence Seedorf returns from a knock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble