Milan striker Pato included in squad for United game
Milan: AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato looks to have shaken off a thigh injury after being included in the squad on Monday for Wednesday`s Champions League last 16 second leg at Manchester United.
The Brazilian missed Saturday`s 0-0 draw at AS Roma but a club statement said he would travel to Manchester, where the Serie A side need to overturn a 3-2 first leg deficit.
Pato is the key part of the three-pronged attack favoured by Milan coach Leonardo, who was forced to play strikers Marco Borriello and Klaas Jan Huntelaar as a front two at Roma.
If the Brazilian is fit enough to start on the right of the trio, Dutchman Huntelaar is likely to drop to the bench with Ronaldinho and Borriello filling the other forward positions.
David Beckham would have been a candidate to replace Pato but the 34-year-old is now more likely to play on the right of midfield if Leonardo decides to bring the England man back against his former club.
Midfielder Mathieu Flamini played instead of substitute Beckham against Roma while Gennaro Gattuso is available at Old Trafford after a ban and Clarence Seedorf returns from a knock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi