Milan target Dede scores late winner for Vasco
Rio de Janeiro: AC Milan target Dede struck an 86th-minute winner as Vasco da Gama claimed a berth in the final of Brazil`s Guanabara Cup with a 3-2 victory over Fluminense.
Fluminense appeared set for victory when Wellington Nem and Thiago Neves scored two second-half goals in as many minutes after Bernardo`s opener at Rio`s Engenhao stadium Saturday, reports Xinhua.
But a Romario header followed by Dede`s close-range finish after a precise Carlos Alberto cross ensured Vasco their fifth win from eight games in the competition.
"People said we were the fourth best side in Rio but we are showing that we can now be the No.1 team," central defender Dede said after the match.
Vasco will meet the winner of Sunday`s clash between Flamengo and Botafogo in the final of the Rio de Janeiro state tournament March 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what