Milan target Dede scores late winner for Vasco
Rio de Janeiro: AC Milan target Dede struck an 86th-minute winner as Vasco da Gama claimed a berth in the final of Brazil`s Guanabara Cup with a 3-2 victory over Fluminense.
Fluminense appeared set for victory when Wellington Nem and Thiago Neves scored two second-half goals in as many minutes after Bernardo`s opener at Rio`s Engenhao stadium Saturday, reports Xinhua.
But a Romario header followed by Dede`s close-range finish after a precise Carlos Alberto cross ensured Vasco their fifth win from eight games in the competition.
"People said we were the fourth best side in Rio but we are showing that we can now be the No.1 team," central defender Dede said after the match.
Vasco will meet the winner of Sunday`s clash between Flamengo and Botafogo in the final of the Rio de Janeiro state tournament March 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers