Milan target Dede scores late winner for Vasco
Rio de Janeiro: AC Milan target Dede struck an 86th-minute winner as Vasco da Gama claimed a berth in the final of Brazil`s Guanabara Cup with a 3-2 victory over Fluminense.
Fluminense appeared set for victory when Wellington Nem and Thiago Neves scored two second-half goals in as many minutes after Bernardo`s opener at Rio`s Engenhao stadium Saturday, reports Xinhua.
But a Romario header followed by Dede`s close-range finish after a precise Carlos Alberto cross ensured Vasco their fifth win from eight games in the competition.
"People said we were the fourth best side in Rio but we are showing that we can now be the No.1 team," central defender Dede said after the match.
Vasco will meet the winner of Sunday`s clash between Flamengo and Botafogo in the final of the Rio de Janeiro state tournament March 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP