Milan target Dede scores late winner for Vasco
Rio de Janeiro: AC Milan target Dede struck an 86th-minute winner as Vasco da Gama claimed a berth in the final of Brazil`s Guanabara Cup with a 3-2 victory over Fluminense.
Fluminense appeared set for victory when Wellington Nem and Thiago Neves scored two second-half goals in as many minutes after Bernardo`s opener at Rio`s Engenhao stadium Saturday, reports Xinhua.
But a Romario header followed by Dede`s close-range finish after a precise Carlos Alberto cross ensured Vasco their fifth win from eight games in the competition.
"People said we were the fourth best side in Rio but we are showing that we can now be the No.1 team," central defender Dede said after the match.
Vasco will meet the winner of Sunday`s clash between Flamengo and Botafogo in the final of the Rio de Janeiro state tournament March 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'