Milan teams not as strong as before: Inter president
Rome: Inter Milan club president Massimo Moratti admitted that his side and their cross-city rivals AC Milan are not as strong as before.
"Milan have sold some important players, while we are gradually introducing youngsters," Moratti was quoted as saying by football-italia.net Monday.
"Neither Milan nor ourselves have a super squad anymore, though we still hope that results arrive. Unfortunately, we can no longer allow ourselves to sign a player who costs 20 million euros or more."
The Nerazzurri were being backed by the majority of football tips to collect a comfortable win against Siena at the weekend, but they were stunned 0-2 at San Siro.
"We should have won, but it is hard to face teams like Siena who just play to defend. Now we need to win in Verona against Chievo Wednesday.
"It`s not very pleasing to live through defeats, let`s hope that the victories will provide faith and motivation to the team," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened