Milner completes Man City move, Ireland goes to Villa
London: Manchester City completed the signing of England midfielder James Milner on Wednesday with Stephen Ireland moving to Villa Park as part of the deal.
The fee was undisclosed but local media valued the transfer fee for the 24-year-old at 24 million pounds (USD 37.53 million) based on a 16 million payment and an eight million valuation of Irish midfielder Ireland.
"I am very happy to have James with us, everybody knows we have admired him for some time," City manager Roberto Mancini told the Macnchester club`s website.
"He is an excellent midfielder who can play in a number of positions... but he is also young and a good character. I think he can also improve and be a great player for Manchester City for a long time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read