Milner completes Man City move, Ireland goes to Villa
London: Manchester City completed the signing of England midfielder James Milner on Wednesday with Stephen Ireland moving to Villa Park as part of the deal.
The fee was undisclosed but local media valued the transfer fee for the 24-year-old at 24 million pounds (USD 37.53 million) based on a 16 million payment and an eight million valuation of Irish midfielder Ireland.
"I am very happy to have James with us, everybody knows we have admired him for some time," City manager Roberto Mancini told the Macnchester club`s website.
"He is an excellent midfielder who can play in a number of positions... but he is also young and a good character. I think he can also improve and be a great player for Manchester City for a long time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'