Milner completes Man City move, Ireland goes to Villa
London: Manchester City completed the signing of England midfielder James Milner on Wednesday with Stephen Ireland moving to Villa Park as part of the deal.
The fee was undisclosed but local media valued the transfer fee for the 24-year-old at 24 million pounds (USD 37.53 million) based on a 16 million payment and an eight million valuation of Irish midfielder Ireland.
"I am very happy to have James with us, everybody knows we have admired him for some time," City manager Roberto Mancini told the Macnchester club`s website.
"He is an excellent midfielder who can play in a number of positions... but he is also young and a good character. I think he can also improve and be a great player for Manchester City for a long time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next