MLS bans Thierry Henry for one game over headbutt
New York: The MLS Disciplinary Committee announced it has suspended New York Red Bulls captain Thierry Henry for one game and fined the striker an undisclosed amount for a head-butt on Sporting Kansas City forward Kei Kamara near the end of Wednesday`s game at Red Bull Arena.
With the Red Bulls trailing 2-0 in the 92nd minute, Henry ran past Kamara on a corner kick and appeared to bump heads with the striker. Both players collapsed to the pitch, with Kamara seeming to get the worst of it.
Following the match, Kamara took to Twitter, saying: "WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN ONE OF YOUR IDOLS DO YOU WRONG / DISAPPOINTS YOU?"
Henry will miss Saturday`s match against the New England Revolution, a game he might have missed anyway due to the fake grass surface at New England`s Gillette Stadium. The Frenchman has 13 goals and nine assists this season, which both rank among the top 10 in MLS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video