MLS bans Thierry Henry for one game over headbutt
New York: The MLS Disciplinary Committee announced it has suspended New York Red Bulls captain Thierry Henry for one game and fined the striker an undisclosed amount for a head-butt on Sporting Kansas City forward Kei Kamara near the end of Wednesday`s game at Red Bull Arena.
With the Red Bulls trailing 2-0 in the 92nd minute, Henry ran past Kamara on a corner kick and appeared to bump heads with the striker. Both players collapsed to the pitch, with Kamara seeming to get the worst of it.
Following the match, Kamara took to Twitter, saying: "WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN ONE OF YOUR IDOLS DO YOU WRONG / DISAPPOINTS YOU?"
Henry will miss Saturday`s match against the New England Revolution, a game he might have missed anyway due to the fake grass surface at New England`s Gillette Stadium. The Frenchman has 13 goals and nine assists this season, which both rank among the top 10 in MLS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur