Mohammedan Sporting beat Rangdajied FC 3-0
Shillong: Mohammedan Sporting Club blanked I-League debutant Rangdajied FC 3-0 to earn their first win of the season in an entertaining fifth round match at the J N Stadium here on Sunday.
An early opening goal from Tolgay Ozbey in the 7th minute dampened the whole atmosphere at the semi-packed stadium as many of the home crowd skipped their church services to witness the match.
Mohammedan Sporting skipper Jerry Zirsang doubled the score in the 18th minute deepening the wound of Rangdajied FC team.
Joshimara Silva scored the final goal three minutes before the lemon break to read the score 3-0 which the home team could not challenge.
Shin Hojun was the star for the home team as three of his shots ? one in the first half and two in the second half ? kept Mohammedan Sporting keeper L Ashok Singh busy.
His Brazilian teammate Edmar Figura and David Ngaihte put effort but alert Sporting defenders were too quick to seal off any attempt at their nets.
Clearly the home side wasted four opportunities compared to Mohammedan Sporting strikers who successfully converted three out of five chances.
Returning after the break, Rangdajied`s Santosh Kashyap made some changes in the forward post when he brought in Sandesh Gadkari and Lalnunpuia in place of Nagen Tamang and Edmar.
The changes made some impact as they dominated the possession of the ball and kept Mohammedan Sporting keeper busy diving to save the shots.
David Ngaihte missed a golden opportunity in the 31st minute when his shot from outside the box went too wide even as Hojun`s back volley in the 35 minutes hit the cross bar.
After today`s match, Rangdajied is placed at the bottom of the table with two points while Mohammedan Sporting is placed at number 10 spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read