Mohammedan Sporting qualify for I-League 1st division
Bangalore: Mohammedan Sporting qualified on Thursday for the next edition of I-League first division after they played out a goal-less draw with Bhawanipore FC in their penultimate League match of the final phase of the 2nd Division League here on Thursday.
After playing nine matches and with 18 points in their kitty, Mohammedan Sporting are on top of the table. The Kolkata side are back in the top tier after a gap of four years. They last played in I-League first division in the 2008/09 season.
Another Kolkata club, Bhawanipore -- 14 points from nine matches -- stay third behind Meghalaya`s Rangdajied United who are on 16 points after playing the same number of matches.
Bhawanipore will now have to win their match against Mumbai Tigers and hope that Mohammedan beat Rangdajied. A draw for the Meghalaya side will mean that the side who finish with superior goal difference goes through, as the two cannot be separated on head-to-head count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands