Mohammedan Sporting qualify for I-League 1st division
Bangalore: Mohammedan Sporting qualified on Thursday for the next edition of I-League first division after they played out a goal-less draw with Bhawanipore FC in their penultimate League match of the final phase of the 2nd Division League here on Thursday.
After playing nine matches and with 18 points in their kitty, Mohammedan Sporting are on top of the table. The Kolkata side are back in the top tier after a gap of four years. They last played in I-League first division in the 2008/09 season.
Another Kolkata club, Bhawanipore -- 14 points from nine matches -- stay third behind Meghalaya`s Rangdajied United who are on 16 points after playing the same number of matches.
Bhawanipore will now have to win their match against Mumbai Tigers and hope that Mohammedan beat Rangdajied. A draw for the Meghalaya side will mean that the side who finish with superior goal difference goes through, as the two cannot be separated on head-to-head count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love