Mohun Bagan blame East Bengal for inciting crowd
Kolkata: Mohun Bagan on Sunday blamed bitter rivals East Bengal for inciting the crowd during their I-League derby and said it was a complete security lapse that was provided by the red-and-gold brigade.
Mohun Bagan pulled out of the derby game at half time after their midfielder Syed Rahim Nabi was injured after being hit by a stone.
"Being East Bengal`s home match, they should have provided adequate security. It`s not a small incident. But they are engaging themselves in blame game," assistant secretary Srinjoy Bose said.
He further blamed the East Bengal players for inciting the crowd.
"When Odafa was sent off, Mehtab and another official were seen clapping at him. Is this professional spirit. It has probably incited the crowd."
Calling the red-card incident a conspiracy, Bose added, "It was a conspiracy to remove our best player. We have written everything to match commissioner.
"The players were really frightened after the incident and chose not to come out of the dressing room after the break. It was fear psychosis and they didn`t want to play.
"Does AIFF support if the players play with a life risk? It`s a question of players` security. It has also happened during cricket match at the Eden Gardens," he said.
Giving update about Nabi, Bose said: "He has had four stitches and would be operated tomorrow. The doctors might have to insert a plate.
"I`m really hurt that nobody from the AIFF or IFA has come to see Nabi or give support to him. It`s very unfortunate. Nabi is a national player.
"Rather than giving the player some support, the I-League CEO is addressing the media, which is very shocking," he said.
Meanwhile sports minister Madan Mitra urged the AIFF to be a bit more lenient.
"This sort of things happen in football. It`s nothing new. It has even happened during World Cups. They should consider not to suspend Mohun Bagan, a historical club of India," Mitra said, after visiting Nabi at the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read