Mohun Bagan confident ahead of I-League match tomorrow
Kolkata: With Odafa Okolie and Tolgay Ozbey forming a fiery combination up front, Mohun Bagan will look to extend their winning run when they face Air India in a round 24 I-League match at the Kalyani Stadium here on Saturday.
With the Nigerian-Aussie duo hitting a purple patch, Mohun Bagan look unstoppable having been able to come out of the relegation zone temporarily.
"The Odafa-Tolgay combination is in good shape and that is giving us confidence," coach Karim Bencherifa said.
"We still have to keep working hard as the relegation threat is not completely over. The players are working hard and they understand the tasks they have to complete," he said.
Mohun Bagan have 19 points from 20 matches, the same as Air India who have played two more matches.
"Mohun Bagan have a good attack with the likes of Odafa and Tolgay, but a team does not get success because of two players. We will have plans for the whole side and would like to ensure that it works well," Air India coach Naushad Moosa said.
"We are in the relegation zone and have to give our best. The players are aware of this and would like to give their best to pick up a win," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore