Mohun Bagan eager for win against Pailan Arrows
Kalyani: Relegation-wary Mohun Bagan may miss the services of ace striker Odafa Okolie in their round 21 I-League fixture against Pailan Arrows here on Sunday.
The Nigerian is recovering from a bout of fever and defender Ibor Khongjee, too, is down with the same ailment. The team will also miss defender Nirmal Chhetri who is suspended with four bookings.
"It is a long league and there is always a possibility of missing some players. It is a team game and we will put our best for a win," Mohun Bagan coach Karim Bencherifa said.
Despite the shortcomings, the Moroccan was confident they would come up from the relegation zone.
"We are under pressure to perform being at the bottom of the standings. But I am confident the team will be able to save relegation," he said of the team lying on the bottom of the table with six points from 15 matches.
Arrows, who are currently 10th in the league standings with 19 points from as many matches, however are keen to give Mohun Bagan a good fight.
"Mohun Bagan are a big-budget side and has a selection of good players. They are currently in the relegation zone not because of their on-field form but for a different reason. So we will have to play really well to get a good result," the Arrows` Australian coach Arthur Papas said.
Arrows, too, have growing list of injuries from key players like Pranoy Halder, Holicharan Narzary and Tirthankar Sarkar, who remained doubtful for the match.
"I will have a look at them in the morning of the match before deciding on the playing eleven," Papas said.
But, defender Dipak Devrani will make a comeback after a prolonged injury absence and this would give Papas an extra option in building the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read